Receive Search Alerts
What is an Alert?
- An Alert is a search strategy that is saved in a selected database.
- The search strategy is automatically searched in MLA for new content every week.
- After creating a personal account, an email message is sent to you and can contain up to 250 new records based on your search strategy. (MLAIB is updated approximately nine times each year.)
How do I create an Alert?
- First, perform your search.
- Then, click on the "Search History" button in the upper right hand corner.
- Select the “Save as Alert” option for the search(es) you want to receive alerts for.
- You must create a personal account in order to use the Alert feature. If you don't have a personal account, you will be prompted at this time to create one, which requires that you enter your email address and a password of your choice.
- The search strategies in your Alerts may be edited at any time.
- Alerts expire after six months, but MLA will email you a notice before an Alert expires, giving you the option to renew or delete it.