UC/Stanford Map Libraries Group
June 5, 2006 at UC Riverside
UC/Stanford Map Librarians Meeting at UC Riverside
Science Library Room 240
June 5, 2006
9:30 Coffee, juice, tea, pastries
10:00 Introductions and Welcome from Dr. Ruth Jackson, University Librarian
- Mexico Digitals (Megan)
- Sanborn scanning project (Julie, David, Cynthia)
- CUAC as I heard at WAML (Kathy)
11:00 What is the USGS is up to and what it means for Topographic scanning projects?
11:30 Where should we go with California Topo Map Scanning?
- Multiple map project scanning registries
- USGS Standards
Noon – 1:00 Lunch (provided by UC Riverside)
1:00 NDIIP Collection Development Policy
1:30 Digital Data in our Catalogs Discussion
- Are we entering GIS data in our catalogs?
- Do we have local practices to identify it?
- Do we want to standardize local cataloging practices?
- Is it possible for us to standardize? How?
2:20 Next Meeting – When and Where
2:30 Round Robin – Campus Updates
2:59 Passing on of Convenership
3:00 Tour of UC Riverside Map Collection (optional)